|The Positives||Some Negatives|
|You can get started in minutes.||Could run into tough competition.|
|Free Games Available||Big fields could make winning harder.|
|Payouts to PayPal come really quick.||Customer service is quite busy with the growth.|
|PGA golf tournaments are readily available.||More details about players could help.|
DraftKings (www.draftkings.com) is a site dedicated to single day fantasy sports. They feature both free and pay leagues of various sizes for all of the major sports. Their site is easy to use, and you can find all of their available contests right in their lobby area. They offer everything from beginner contests (often up to 50 per sport at any given time) all the way up to the most competitive leagues out there. Playing here is easy and a lot of fun, and getting started is as easy as creating an account. You don’t even need to fund it if you do not want to since they do offer a huge variety of free to enter leagues every day.
They have several different types of games, ranging from leagues with many players, down to head to head leagues, where you are competing against just one other manager. They also have 50/50 leagues, where everyone in the top half of the field at the finish gets a prize, no matter how many others have entered the league. And for those that don’t want to make a deposit, or just want a chance to increase their profits without undue risk, they also have freeroll contests. These, like they would seem, are free to enter, but have a real cash prize for the top finishers. If you can win these, you can keep moving up in the ranks and start playing at higher stakes without ever risking your own cash.
DraftKings has all of your favorite sports: baseball, football, basketball, PGA golf, hockey, and college football and basketball. For a few sports, such as pro football and golf, they have weekly leagues, too. These operate in the same way, but over the course of an entire week and not just a single day. This is a great way to eliminate a little variance from your game and focus more on statistical probabilities. Draft styles come in salary cap and snake format for most of these sports, allowing you to further customize your playing style and give you as much of an advantage as possible. If you aren’t sure which is best for you, the free leagues are the best for you until you develop a style and start to perfect it.
There are various other promotions and tournaments always going on at DraftKings, too. For those that like the excitement of competition, this is a great way to up the ante and make things more interesting. If you just want to play in the free leagues, you can also earn points which can be redeemed for prizes and free tournament entries later on, if you’d like.
Making deposits and withdrawals is really easy. You can use a credit card to fund an account, PayPal, or Dwolla. If you choose to use a gift card with a major credit card logo on it, make sure you save the card since your withdrawal will be put back on the card when you’re ready for this. There is also a customer service team ready at Draftkings to help you with any questions you might have in this area, just to make things a bit easier for you.
Update 2017 – A lot has changed since we built this review over two years ago. It’s amazing how things have changed and adapted over the years in daily fantasy sports. Who knew we would be where we are today. That being said, Draftkings is still the biggest or 2nd biggest DFS site available to most people. There has been a lot of turmoil when it comes to the legal aspect of these types of games. At the end of the day however, if someone wants to set a lineup for some games on Sunday it really shouldn’t be a big deal. Assuming you are keeping all your financials in check, you just need to manage the amount you are willing to risk. Some people like to just throw money on games to make them more interesting. With DFS, you can use strategies and make strong teams for the week and hopefully end up a winner.
There are many ways to play DFS now. These big sites have added so many different ways to play. The original basics are still in place, but now you can go up against friends or smaller fields. Draftkings has also added ways to create year long leagues just like most people are used to. However, most people still stick with week to week competition since there are results so much sooner than in a year long fantasy option.
Here are some of the different ways to play at Draftkings now:
1. Classic – Salary cap games against all kinds of people from all walks of the earth. Some states and countries may have restrictions.
2. Multiplayer – This is a contest that requires three or more players. This is pretty much what you see when you are looking at the lobby. This could be among friends or the public.
3. Pick’em – This is a non salary cap event that has limited players. Your depth chart won’t be as big, but you also don’t have to worry about how much players cost. You can pretty much start all top guys who would be super expensive on all classic games.
4. Head to Head – These are fun with friends or if you want to take down some of the pros out there. It’s pretty much like you would expect. One on one. Winner takes all. The amount you can play ranges pretty high. Start low and build up from there.
5. Leagues – Create leader boards and play against friends. Nothing new here, but it is a nice added feature.
6. Casual – This type of play was created after the issues they were having with sharks tearing up the place and crushing everyone. This allows people to play against others with the similar skills. The more you play and win the higher your score level will go up.
When deciding to play DFS, we still think Draftkings is your best choice. You may not like all the commercials, but it still makes watching football fun.Sign-Up Right Here